Beignet the African Grey

Sunday, January 30, 2011

PLEASE

For more than a year we have tried to teach Beignet the word please. She has now said it one time. I was eating breakfast and in a hurry, so hadn't given her lots of bites. In a quiet little pleading voice she said, "please, more cracker:(" We had been saying, "More cracker, Please.", but even in this she used her own personality and put it in her own wording. How could I resist. She got more cereal.

The other day she said, "Step up, more kiss?" Of course I had to yield to that one too. She is such a sweet parrot and loving to the nth degree. She kisses us both good night and will even offer Google the cat a kiss, though he is wary of accepting it. Both cats are afraid of her, as they should be.

We are applying for a service dog for me to help in my balance. It could be from two to five years before it arrives, but we think it will help to prevent falls for me. They come trained to exercise on a treadmill. It will probably be Golden Retriever or Goldendoodle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home